Welcome Students and Parents!
At Windsor Learning Center and Windsor School, keeping everyone safe is our top priority. Please review this important information to understand the changes at the school due to COVID-19.
Parents are encouraged to take their child’s temperature and to be on alert for signs of illness before putting them on the school bus. Children must stay home when they are sick.
- Exit the bus wearing a mask and line up near the ramp
- Follow staff directions and social distancing markers
- Meet the nurse at the check-in station
- After you are cleared, proceed to your classroom while following the markers on the floor in the hallways
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, the CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings when around people outside of the household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- All students and staff are required to wear masks while in the building
Social distancing means keeping a safe space (3 feet) between yourself and other people who are not from your household.
- Maintain social distancing throughout the entire building
Covering coughs and sneezes and keeping hands clean can help prevent the spread of serious respiratory illnesses like COVID-19.
To help stop the spread of germs:
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze
- Throw used tissues in the trash
- If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hands
- Immediately wash or sanitize your hands after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
Washing your hands is easy, and it’s one of the most effective ways to prevent the spread of germs. Clean hands can stop germs from spreading from one person to another throughout our school.
Follow these 5 Steps every time:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them
If soap and water are not available, you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. There are hand sanitizer stations throughout the school and in each classroom, to help reduce the spread of germs.
How to use hand sanitizer effectively:
- Apply the gel or foam product to the palm of one hand
- Rub your hands together
- Rub the gel or foam over all the surfaces of your hands and fingers until your hands are dry. This should take approximately 20 seconds
Social Distancing continues in the classroom, along with cohorting, which means keeping all staff and students together throughout most of the day.
- Desks are positioned 6 feet apart
- Plastic protectors are present at each desk and instruction table
Lunch & Recess
Lunch and recess take place in the classroom to minimize staff and student crossover.
- Staff are supplied with gloves to help distribute lunches and open packages for students
- Classes go outside for lunch recess on certain days if weather permits
- Since water fountains are no longer accessible, students are asked to bring water bottles to have at their desk during the day
Social distancing is enforced during dismissal. This minimizes the number of students in the hallways and on the dismissal ramp.
- Students wait in their classroom at their desk
- All personal belongings are kept with them
- They exit the classroom and line up throughout the building at the appropriate markers until it’s time to board the bus